Wednesday 17 March 2010

It's all arranged now - a week today, I'll be starting my UFC 111 "Fight Week" coverage, split between time in Manhattan, NY and Newark, NJ. A big thank you to Sean at ESPN and Diann at the UFC for smoothing over some last-minute hiccups to make this happen.

My shooting plans are coming together and already I have a very busy schedule: basically there's not a single day from Wednesday - Saturday that I won't be shooting something and that's exactly how I like it.

Amongst all the usual pre-fight activities there are some special events I'll be covering, such as the official launch of the UFC Undisputed 2010 videogame - and a few other surprises along the way which will be revealed in later postings!

Edit/Update: it turns out that the launch of UFC 2010: Undisputed will be a private, closed door event by invitation only. Whilst it's the prerogative of the UFC and THQ to do this, I personally think that they're missing an opportunity to have dozens of reporters who cover Mixed Martial Arts in attendance. Hopefully they'll host press event as well - but I reckon that will likely be closer to the launch date of May 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment